Mediterranean Cobb Salad is a flavourful and delicious salad that serves as a complete meal. It’s packed with tons of nutrients, antioxidants, healthy fats & protein. Enjoy for lunch or dinner! Dairy free, paleo, low-carb, keto + AIP version provided.
DID YOU KNOW? Most restaurant salad dressings contain low-quality industrial seed and/or vegetable oils that are oxidized.
These inflammatory oils can cause a long list of health problems even when consumed in small quantities over a period of time.
When ordering salads at restaurants, I always request no dressing and ask for olive oil and balsamic vinegar (or whatever vinegar they have) instead.
When preparing salad dressings at home, I opt for heart healthy and anti-inflammatory oils like extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil. These high-quality fats allow us to absorb fat-soluble vitamins from food and support all our hard working cells therefore keeping us healthy and youthful.
Consider replacing inflammatory vegetable and seed oils in your diet with healthier oils like extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil and coconut oil.
What you need for Mediterranean Cobb Salad:
- Chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- Hard boiled eggs (omit for AIP version)
- Cherry tomatoes (replace with olives for AIP version)
- Red onion
- Spring mix salad
- Balsamic vinegar
- Avocado oil and/or extra virgin olive oil
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Smoked paprika (omit for AIP version)
Looking for more healthy salad recipes? You’ll love these …
Mediterranean Cobb Salad
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cut in half , (omit for AIP version)
- 1 avocado, skin removed, cut in half
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half, (replace with olives for AIP version)
- 1 pack sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 8 cups spring mix salad
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, omit for AIP version
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt , to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add ingredients for chicken marinade to blender or food processor and create a marinade for chicken.
- Coat chicken thighs in marinade (Optional: Let marinate overnight or for a few hours if possible) then bake for 30-35 minutes. Prepare other items below while chicken cooks.
Onion & Mushrooms Sauté
- Using a stove top pan, heat 1 tsp avocado oil then add onion and mushrooms.
- Add 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar and sea salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat until all pan juices have cooked off. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, toss spring mix salad with salad dressing ingredients.
- Divide salad onto two plates. Add cherry tomatoes, avocado, eggs, onion/mushroom sauté & chicken thighs. Top with fresh ground black pepper.
How to make perfect hard boiled eggs
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with cool water by inch.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Once water begins to boil, remove pot from burner and allow eggs to cook in the pot of hot water for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain water and immediately run cold water over eggs until cooled.
- Peel and enjoy in your favourite recipe or on its own.