Metabolic Synergy by Designs For Health is a powerful vitamin/mineral formula that provides nutrients to help support the conversion of carbohydrates, fats and proteins to energy, and to promote an appropriate response to the hormone insulin. This product was formulated to provide vitamins, minerals and other compounds in levels that promote optimal health rather than simply meeting the minimum recommended intakes. Additionally, it contains ingredients not commonly found in commercially available supplements which were carefully chosen for their demonstrated effects in supporting healthy blood sugar and insulin levels.
Why Metabolic Synergy?
The combination of overly stressful lives and modern diets high in refined carbohydrates is extremely taxing on the body. The main organs that help control healthy blood sugar levels—the pancreas and liver—take an especially damaging hit. When we consume too many carbohydrates over a long period of time, it may become difficult to maintain healthy blood glucose levels. Sustained elevated blood glucose can lead to suboptimal carbohydrate metabolism, which over time may have a negative impact on nearly every tissue and organ in the body. A diet of whole, unprocessed foods with a carbohydrate intake appropriate to an individual’s activity level and unique health status is the foundation for wellness. Supplementing with key nutrients beyond what would typically be obtained from diet alone may provide additional support for optimized metabolic function.
Highlights of Metabolic Synergy:
- Chromium, R-lipoic acid, biotin, carnosine, taurine: aid in healthy insulin sensitivity, glucose tolerance and carbohydrate metabolism. Lipoic acid, carnosine and taurine are not typically found in vitamin/mineral formulas but they’re instrumental for healthy glycemic control, and chromium is included in a higher amount than is commonly provided by over-the-counter supplements.
- B vitamins: required for energy production at the cellular level; the B vitamins in this formula occur in their active or most potent forms: B12 as methylcobalamin, B6 as pyridoxal-5-phosphate, and folate as a natural folate rather than synthetic folic acid.
- Selenium, iodine: essential minerals for the production of thyroid hormones, with thyroid function being a key factor in regulating the body’s metabolic rate
- Vitamin A, zinc: support immune function and eye health, both of which may be affected by blood glucose levels
- Vitamin E isomers: provided as tocotrienols, which are more powerful antioxidants than the tocopherol forms of vitamin E typically found in multivitamins
- Additional ingredients: select minerals provided in chelated form for enhanced bioavailability; vitamin C included at higher amounts than customarily found in nutrient formulas
- Formulated to support optimal health and physiological function, not just meet recommended minimums for nutrient intakes
- Ingredients selected to be effective in the presence of common obstacles to nutrient absorption and usage, such as suboptimal digestion and genetic polymorphisms
- Includes ingredients not typically found in commercial multivitamin/minerals to support healthy blood sugar and insulin levels
- Select minerals provided in chelated form for superior absorption and bioavailability
Recommended Dose: Take 3 capsules per day with a meal or as directed by your health care practitioner. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.