Tiger Nut Lemon Cheesecake Bars are rich & creamy with a hint of tartness and tiger nut crunch. The perfect cheesecake recipe if you’re following an AIP, plant-based, nut or dairy free diet.
DID YOU KNOW? Tiger nuts are recommended for healthy skin, weight management, and fertility—all because of vitamin E!
One serving of tiger nuts provides you with 278% of the daily recommended value–that’s 3mg of vitamin E!
Vitamin E is important to our health due to its powerful antioxidant properties that may help reduce free radical damage and slow the aging process of your cells.
Free radicals not only weaken and break down healthy cells, but these molecules may also contribute to heart disease and cancer.
It’s important to have a diet rich in antioxidants to protect yourself from oxidative damage over time, and tiger nuts are a great source of antioxidants.
If you’re looking for tasty ways to add more tiger nuts to your diet, check out some of my tiger nut recipes (including the yummy cheesecake below!).
What you need for Tiger Nut Lemon Cheesecake Bars:
- Skinned tiger nuts
- Maple syrup
- Lemon juice
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon essential oil (optional)
- Fresh berries
Want more tiger nut recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Tiger Nut “NOatmeal”
- Matcha Protein Balls (with tiger nuts)
- Healthy Trail Mix (with tiger nuts)
- Tiger Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Tiger Nut Energy Bites
Tiger Nut Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup skinned tiger nuts, soaked & drained
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 drops food-grade lemon essential oil, optional
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp crushed tiger nuts, use a food processor for this
- Fresh berries, raspberries, strawberries or blackberries
- Put tiger nuts in a jar, fill with water and let soak in fridge for 12+ hours. Drain well.
- Process all filling ingredients in a high-powered blender until completely smooth. Note: Tiger nuts are not easy to breakdown, so you may need to blend for a while, scraping the sides of the blender along the way.
- Transfer cheesecake filling into small glass container (~5"x 5") lined with parchment paper and smooth out.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours. Remove cheesecake from container and slice into bars. Thaw out briefly, decorate with toppings and serve. Keep remaining bars refrigerated for up to a week or in the freezer for longer.