Beet Mash is the perfect side to your next meal! It’s high in fibre, low in carbs and bursting rich and creamy flavours. This mash recipe is great if you’re following a low-carb, plant-based or paleo diet.
DID YOU KNOW? Beets are an excellent source of disease-fighting phytonutrients called betalains which have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Betalains are also responsible for providing beets with their vibrant color. Studies show that these potent pigments may help protect against the development of certain types of cancer and disease.
Try my Beet Mash recipe below. It’s versatile and can be enjoyed warm or cold …
- Use as a side to your meat or fish dishes.
- Enjoy topped with fried eggs.
- Use as a dip or spread for crackers, sliced veggies or wraps.
- Mix with canned wild fish for a quick and healthy meal.
What you need for Beet Mash
Looking for more ways to add beets to your diet? Try this Beet & Blueberry Smoothie!
- 2 cups beets, peeled & sliced (or 1 bag frozen beets)
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk, canned
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place vegetables on baking sheet with oil and spices and bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
- Put cooked vegetables in a food processor or high-powered blender with coconut milk and mix until a smooth mash is formed.
- Use right away or store in fridge for use during the week.