Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Chicken & Veggies is a delicious and easy meal that the whole family will love! Sheet pan meals are a quick way to get dinner on the table fast with little clean up since you’re cooking veggies and protein all on one pan.
Lately, I’ve been preparing meals for more than one hungry belly during the work week, so I’ve started to experiment with different ways of putting together healthy whole food meals that are easy enough to manage even with a busy schedule.
Sheet pan dinners have made it high on my list of go-to meals during the week and I’ll explain why …
Here’s what makes sheet pan dinners so great:
1. They’re quick to put together (unless you’re super slow at chopping veggies) and typically cook in under 35-minutes.
2. Clean up is easy since everything is being cooked (and can be prepared) on one pan.
3. It’s an easy way to cook for multiple people or cook enough so that you end up with leftovers for the busy week ahead.
4. The combinations of meat/fish, vegetables and marinades are endless, so you’ll never get bored of sheet pan dinners.
5. Allowing your meats and veggies to cook together in a marinade (or just some simple seasoning) is a great way to achieve a flavourful end product.
Now check out this delicious sheet pan dinner recipe!
If you’re looking for another great sheet pan meal idea, you’ve got to try my Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies!
What you need for Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Chicken & Veggies
- Pastured chicken thighs
- Butter or ghee*
- Dried rosemary
* Make this recipe dairy free & AIP friendly by replacing butter/ghee with avocado oil.
Looking for more wholesome chicken dinner recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Green Goddess Chicken Plate
- Chicken Pesto “Spaghetti”
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings
Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Chicken & Veggies
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 8 medium carrots, cut crosswise then lengthwise
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut stalks into three
- 1 pack whole mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee*, melted
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix butter/ghee, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place chopped veggies into a large bowl and add 3/4 of the butter marinade. Toss until veggies are all coated and spread onto sheet pan. You can also coat veggies directly on the sheet pan.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the veggies, sprinkle with some salt and brush them with remaining marinade.
- Bake at 425F for 30-35 minutes.
- Optional step: If you want to cook off some of the pan juices at the end, remove chicken thighs first (keep covered on a plate or in a glass container) and broil veggies on Hi for 3-5-minutes