Scrambled Eggs & Squash is the perfect way to prepare eggs during the fall & winter! This recipe is extremely satisfying and packed with the goodness of eggs and winter squash. It’s an awesome low-carb & paleo breakfast.
I would normally save my egg breakfasts for the weekend, but I’m officially obsessed with this new way of preparing eggs so needless to say, I’m a little out of control with eggs these days. #eggcrazy
Seriously though, this Scrambled Eggs & Squash recipe will have you feeling the same way about eggs, so test it out and don’t blame me when you discover you’re hooked. There’s plenty of room for you in my “hooked on eggs” club 🙂
Types of squash that work well in this recipe …
- Sweet Dumpling
TIME SAVING TIP: Use leftover roasted squash for this recipe. You can roast multiple squashes at a time (400F for 30-40 min or until tender) and store in fridge. Use in different recipes throughout the week.
What you need for Scrambled Eggs & Squash
- Winter squash (see above for selecting type of squash)
- Avocado oil
- Dried basil
- Sea salt and black pepper
Want more wholesome egg recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Kale Pesto Scramble
- Bacon & Egg Muffins
- Fried Eggs on Vegetable “Rice”
- Turmeric & Basil Hard Boiled Eggs
Scrambled Eggs & Squash
- 2 eggs, pastured
- 1/2 cup winter squash, cooked & mashed (see above for selecting type of squash)
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, optional
- Sea salt & black pepper , to taste
- Sauté onion and basil in avocado oil.
- Add mashed squash and mix with oil and basil using a spatula.
- Scramble eggs in a separate bowl then pour into pan with squash.
- Add sea salt & black pepper and gently mix ingredients together over low heat until eggs are cooked.
- Eat on its own or in your favourite healthy wrap.