Twice Daily Multi by Designs for Health contains optimal amounts of many nutrients not easily obtained in most diets. It uses higher quality ingredients than most multivitamins, including vitamin E as high gamma mixed-tocopherols, our proprietary NatureFolate™ blend of active isomer naturally-occurring folates, and true amino acid chelate minerals for optimal tolerance and absorption. These exceptional ingredients are combined in an up-to-date, science-based formulation to create a truly superior multi.
A healthy diet of whole, unprocessed foods can provide the body with a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals. However, even the best diets are sometimes unable to keep up with our needs, especially during times of occasional stress, intense exercise, suboptimal digestion, or any other circumstances that increase our demand for nutrients. A high-quality daily multivitamin helps ensure a good foundation for key nutrients that support overall health and wellbeing.
Twice Daily Multi™ contains a blend of vitamins and minerals that are difficult to obtain from food alone. This specially designed product includes select minerals in chelated form. Chelation is the bonding of minerals to amino acids, which results in molecules that are more bioavailable and better absorbed and assimilated by the body. The old saying—“you are what you eat”—is only half true. You are what you eat and absorb. Chelated minerals are better absorbed, retained and used in the body.
Twice Daily Multi Highlights
In addition to foundational vitamins and minerals, Twice Daily Multi™ provides nutrients not commonly found in commercially available multivitamin/mineral products:
- B Vitamins: Provided in their natural and/or activated forms for superior bioavailability
- Vitamin C: Provided as ascorbic acid, at higher levels than in most multivitamins. Average vitamin C intake from food in the US is well below what healthy humans historically consumed and the typically recommended amount is intended only to prevent the extreme deficiency that results in scurvy; it does not provide for optimal health. The higher amount in this product may help support numerous roles for vitamin C such as a healthy immune system, skin and blood vessels, synthesis of collagen, aiding in iron absorption and metabolism of catecholamines such as
dopamine and adrenaline.
- Folate: Provided in an easily absorbed form that helps to support healthy plasma folate levels. (Most mass-marketed supplements contain folic acid, which may have undesirable effects.)
- Vitamin A: Provided as pre-formed vitamin A as well as mixed carotenoids, which the body converts to vitamin A. This combination mimics the types of vitamin A found in whole foods.
- Vitamin K: Provided as vitamin K1 and vitamin K2 (as MK-4 and MenaQ7® Full Spectrum as MK-6, MK-7, MK-9).
- Vitamin E Isomers: Provided as tocotrienols from annatto extract. Tocotrienols have higher antioxidant activity and unique benefits not observed with tocopherols, the form of vitamin E in most commercially available supplements.
- Iodine and Selenium: minerals needed for the synthesis of thyroid hormones, which help maintain optimal energy levels and an efficient metabolic rate
- Boron: a trace element that is low in the modern food supply but is required for healthy bones
Recommended Use: Take two capsules per day with meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner.