Transitioning to a healthy diet and lifestyle is not always easy. It can be especially difficult if you experience mood swings, cravings for refined carbohydrates or cigarettes, poor sleep, or reduced energy levels. These symptoms can be the result of deficiencies or imbalances in neurotransmitters, which are chemicals your brain needs for mood stability, appetite regulation, and a healthy response to stress. Here’s how CraveArrest by Designs For Health can help …
CraveArrest combines targeted nutrients and botanicals that help maintain healthy neurotransmitter production and function that influences the body’s craving signals. This synergistic formula includes clinically relevant amounts of the precursors, L-tyrosine and 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), in a 10:1 ratio, along with B vitamins to support dopamine and serotonin production. These neurotransmitters play an essential role in promoting normal appetite and cravings. The adaptogenic herb, Rhodiola rosea, is included to encourage a healthy stress response.
CraveArrest contains nutrients that support optimal neurotransmitter levels, including:
- 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) – Derivative of the amino acid tryptophan, and precursor to serotonin, the wellknown “feel good” brain chemical. 5-HTP is more effective than tryptophan at raising brain levels of serotonin, because 5-HTP crosses the blood-brain barrier more readily. Healthy serotonin levels promote a positive mental outlook, calmer and more appropriate responses to everyday stressors, and may help mitigate carbohydrate cravings. After 5-HTP is converted to serotonin, the serotonin may be converted to melatonin, a hormone that plays a key role in supporting restful and restorative sleep. Sufficient sleep is an important but often overlooked factor in appetite regulation and balanced moods.
- L-Tyrosine – Amino acid precursor to the neurotransmitters dopamine and adrenaline. Dopamine levels are often low in people prone to addictive behavior and unstable moods – issues that can hinder a person’s ability to make positive changes in their diet and lifestyle.
- Vitamin C – Key nutrient for the adrenal glands. The adrenals are responsible for producing adrenaline and cortisol, hormones involved in the “fight or flight” reaction to stress. Poor adrenal function may result in physical sluggishness as well as a negative mental outlook.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 – Required as cofactors in order for the body to produce serotonin and dopamine.
- Rhodiola rosea – Adaptogenic root that helps support a healthy stress response and therefore may reduce the desire to turn to unhealthy foods and behaviors during times of psychological stress.
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take two capsules per day on an empty stomach, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Warning: Consult your health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant, lactating, or are taking SSRIs or MAO inhibitors.