Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon are the perfect healthy appetizer! This sweet, savory & creamy combination will tickle your taste buds and leave you craving more. Only 3 ingredients needed for this delectable appetizer!
There’s no question that dairy doesn’t work for everyone. Some people are allergic to or intolerant of the proteins in dairy, while others are highly sensitive to lactose, the sugar in dairy.
That said, goat’s milk has less lactose than cow’s milk which may make goat’s milk easier to digest for people with lactose intolerance.
In addition, goat’s milk is naturally homogenized, meaning the fat globules are small and remain suspended in the milk rather than separating out. This makes the milk easier for humans to digest.
So, if you tolerate goat dairy well and are looking for a crowd pleasing healthy appetizer to serve at your next dinner party, you’ve got to make these! The combination of sweet, savory and creamy makes this a food experience you’ll want to recreate again and again.
These stuffed dates also taste great reheated, so you can store leftovers in the fridge and reheat for later.
What you need for Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon:
- Soft goat cheese
Want more healthy & flavourful appetizers? You’re going to love these …
Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- 32 dates, pitted
- 1 pack soft goat cheese
- 8 slices bacon, thin slices are best
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice bacon strips lengthwise then slice them in half. You’ll end up with a total of 32 smaller strips.
- Using a small spoon (espresso size), stuff goat cheese into dates.
- Wrap each date with a bacon strip and place on baking sheet. If bacon strips are thin enough the wrap should hold when placed on the baking sheet. If not, insert a toothpick to hold the bacon in place.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before popping these babies!