Creamy Dill Coleslaw is the perfect healthy go-to side dish when you’re short on time or preparing food for multiple people. This plant-based, keto & paleo friendly side is packed with nutrients that are detoxifying and waistline loving.
DID YOU KNOW? Cabbage is packed with many beneficial vitamins, minerals, plus water and fiber, making it a great vegetable for weight loss & gut health.
Cabbage is full of gut-friendly insoluble fiber, a type of carbohydrate that can’t be broken down in the intestines. Insoluble fiber helps support digestive health by adding bulk to stools and promoting regular bowel movements.
In addition, cabbage is rich in soluble fiber, which has been shown to increase the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut, like Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli.
Now, the trick to making a quick coleslaw with cabbage is using a food processor. Simply throw all ingredients in and process until everything is roughly chopped and well combined.
There’s a lot of room for creativity with coleslaw which makes it a fun side dish to prepare. Feel free to use different veggies, herbs and spices. Also, if you don’t have a healthy version of mayo (without vegetable or seed oils), I recommend replacing mayo with 1/2 an avocado or full fat coconut yogurt/kefir.
What you need for this recipe:
- Green onion
- Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Avocado oil mayo
- Sea salt & black pepper
Serve Creamy Dill Coleslaw with:
- Sloppy Joes with Sweet Potato “Buns”
- Salt & Pepper Wings , Hot & Saucy Thai Wings or Salt & Vinegar Wings
- Keto Burgers with Portobello “Buns”
- OR make it into a quick and healthy lunch by mixing in a can of wild tuna, salmon or sardines.
Creamy Dill Coleslaw
- 1/2 large green cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- 4 sprigs fresh dill , or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 green onion
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil mayo*
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Chop cabbage, carrots and green onion into large chunks.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until vegetables are roughly chopped and ingredients are well combined. Do not over process.
- Eat right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within a day.