Arugula & Avocado Salad is fresh, creamy and super healthy! With simple ingredients like arugula, avocado, sprouts, and spices (or fresh herbs if you have them on hand), you can enjoy this fresh bitter green salad in just 5-minutes! Pair this salad with meat or fish for a complete and healthy meal. AIP, paleo, plant-based, low-carb & keto.
DID YOU KNOW? Arugula is higher in antioxidants than most green lettuces, including dark green leafy varieties. Not to mention its ability to help your body detoxify due to the bitter properties found in this powerful green plant.
How to store arugula
- Store arugula in cold and moist environment, 32°-40°F (0°-5°C) and 95 percent relative humidity.
- Wrap leaves in a cloth or paper towel and place them in a perforated plastic bag in the vegetable crisper section of the refrigerator.
- Arugula will keep in the refrigerator for about 10 days, but it will be most flavorful if used before 6 days.
- Arugula leaves that are stored too cold or too long will begin to wilt, and develop yellow and brown spots.
What you need for Arugula & Avocado Salad:
Want more fresh & healthy salad recipes? You’ll love these …
Arugula & Avocado Salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/8 cup sprouts of choice
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, or 1/2 tbsp fresh
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, or 1/2 tbsp fresh
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, add more if you like vinegar as much as I do!
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Place arugula, sprouts and avocado into a bowl.
- Add, olive oil, vinegar, herbs/spices and sea salt into a small jar and shake.
- Pour into bowl with other ingredients and toss together.